Vihiga County Government Recruitment 2023/2024 – In this article, you will learn about the Vihiga County Government recruitment 2023/2024 application process, the job portal www.vihiga.go.ke, required qualifications, vacancies, closing dates, and most importantly, how to apply.
Brief introduction about Vihiga County
An overview of the county and what it stands for is necessary before we delve into the specifics of the Vihiga County Government recruitment to help you determine if you would like to work there. An overview of the county and what it stands for is necessary before we delve into the specifics of the Vihiga County Government recruitment to help you determine. The county has a population of 554,622 and an area of 563 km². Formally a district, Vihiga was split from Kakamega District in 1990.
Where is Vihiga headquarters?
With its administrative center in Mbale, the county’s largest town, Vihiga County is located in the former Western Province of Kenya.
How many sub-counties are in Vihiga County?
Five subcounties make up the County: Hamisi, Emuhaya, Luanda, Sabatia, and Vihiga. With a total area of 156.4 km2, Hamisi is the largest, followed by Sabatia (110.9 km2), Vihiga (90.2 km2), Emuhaya (89.5 km2), and Luanda (84 km2). The five sub-counties each contain twenty-five electoral wards.
Overview of the recruitment drive
The Vihiga County Government recruitment has long been anticipated by both residents and indigenous people of the county. The wait is finally over because the application portal is currently open.
The objective of the recruitment process
The recruitment exercise aims to fill various positions within the County Public Service Board. The goal is to engage competent, skilled, and passionate individuals who will help drive the county’s development agenda.
Departments with open positions
The departments with open positions will vary depending on the current needs of the county government.
Roles and responsibilities of the positions
The Vihiga County Government is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Chief Information Communication Technology Officer
Deputy Director, Human Resource Management
Assistant Director of Human Resource Management and Development
A. Education qualifications
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field of study from a recognized institution.
Candidates should have a minimum of four (4) years of practicing experience in their respective fields.
The general requirements for these positions include:
- Applicant must be a citizen of Kenya
- Should have an acceptable means of identification being a National ID or passport
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field of study from a recognized institution
- Should possess a minimum mean grade of D+ (D Plus) and above in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination or its equivalent from an examination body recognized in Kenya with a D+ (D Plus) and above in either English or Kiswahili languages
- Should have a minimum of four (4) years of practicing experience
- Can have a leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution (optional)
- Should be an active member of a relevant professional body
- Must have displayed ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Should be proficient in computer skills
- Should demonstrate results in work performance
- Should have strong interpersonal, analytical, communication, strategic and innovative thinking, resource mobilization, and negotiation skills.
- Should have a criminal record-free background
- Should fulfill the Chapter Six (6) constitution by possessing the following documents;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB Clearance Certificate)
- Criminal Investigations Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- An approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB Report)
- Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (Properly completed first schedule (s.13) and self-declaration form stamped by the EACC).
C. Age limits
Specific age limits, if any, will be outlined in the job postings.
D. Other relevant criteria
Candidates must be Kenyan citizens and possess acceptable means of identification such as a National ID or passport. They should also have a clean criminal record and fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
A. How to apply for Vihiga County Government Recruitment 2023/2024
Interested persons should submit their application to the Vihiga County Public Service Board.
B. Documents required
The documents required for the application include a National ID or passport, Academic & Professional certificates, and current Chapter Six compliance certificates.
C. Application deadlines
The closing date for Vihiga County Government Recruitment is 13th June 2023. Interested Candidates are to submit their application on or before the application deadline.
The selection process will be conducted by the Vihiga County Public Service Board. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline for Vihiga County Government Recruitment 2023/2024 Details
Please note that the closing date for Vihiga County Government Recruitment is 13th June 2023. Be sure to submit your application on or before this deadline.
That concludes our guide on the Vihiga County Government Recruitment 2023/2024. We hope this article has been insightful and has provided guidance on how to submit your application for this job.